** This role is now filled however please get in touch if you’d like to be first to hear about similar opportunities**
Isca Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting for an ambitious commercially astute accountant to join a highly successful business as the Financial Controller at their office in Crediton, Devon.
This is a highly visible position as part of the senior leadership team, providing financial insight and control to the business. Reporting to the COO, this is a hands-on Financial Controller role with full responsibility for the finance function including management of 1 direct report.
Financial Controller – Duties:
- Overseeing the day-to-day finance function: purchase and sales ledgers etc.
- Income reconciliation and cash flow management.
- Providing weekly financial and management information reports for senior management,
- Monthly management accounts, KPI’s, including commentary and variance analysis.
- Identifying, implementing and ensuring effective financial controls, processes and systems
- Providing a finance perspective to business projects.
- Business partnering budget holders and management, working with sales and operational teams to produce insightful MI.
- Challenging financial performance to improve and enhance.
- Analytical work to create systems for producing quality data analysis and reports on margins.
- Budget analysis and review, working with management to ensure adherence to budget and company performance.
- Overseeing credit control, with responsibility for claiming against clients if required
- Main point of contact with external auditors and managing the annual audit process
- Control of the monthly business payroll payments
- Maintain statutory documents, returns and payments.
Financial Controller – The Person:
- This role will suit a proactive, experienced accountant seeking a varied role with a fast-paced business, where you will take responsibility for the smooth running of the finance function.
- Ideally you will be a qualified accountant ACCA, CIMA or ACA, although applications from individuals who have the relevant finance experience are also welcome.
- You will enjoy using your commercial skills – able to see the bigger picture and plan ahead whilst also being hands on to ensure the effective delivery of monthly financial reporting.
- Familiar with board reporting, producing management information packs including a written commentary on performance challenges/opportunities
- A natural problem-solver with excellent analytical skills you’ll have recent experience of management accounting, cashflow forecasting and financial analysis
- You’ll be a first-rate communicator able to inspire, persuade and influence with the ability to positively manage and empower others to achieve.
- Strong IT skills with experience of Excel including use of look ups and pivot tables is essential, knowledge of Power BI is highly desirable.
- You will be a team player and enjoy working in a collaborative manner with colleagues at all levels in the business.
Financial Controller – The Rewards:
Salary: £50,000pa – £55,000pa
Benefits including pension, free parking, staff discount and lots more!
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5pm, 40 hours per week.
Location: Office based, Crediton
This is an urgent requirement! Applications will be reviewed promptly, interviews to take place asap.
Isca Recruitment Ltd provides services as an agency and an employment business. Isca Recruitment is an Exeter based boutique recruitment consultancy making the perfect match between client and candidate. Specialists in office support, accountancy and finance across the South West.